Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Attention Flea Market and Antique Mall Sellers




Just went to Kentucky over the weekend to hunt for some new items. Visited many flea markets, antique malls and shops. My overall comments are 60 to 70 percent of the items we saw are garage sale items, not items most collectors or dealers would buy.

First, if you want me to consider your item please put the price tag where I can read it not upside down or under your item.

Second, don't put so much stuff in your booth or showcase that I can't see it for the clutter.

Third, don't price an item 2/3x retail and expect it to sell. Especially if your item has condition issues.  I will buy items that are reasonably priced even if they have condition issues, but when they are priced over highest eBay sold or refer book guide prices, not going to work. Collectors expect pristine condition now days, so any small flaw on the item will not yield top dollar.
TADA X 5 Heavy M G ATOM Astroboy Gun Tin Toy
This little guy has some typical wear marks where it was played with, but the price was right and we bought it.

Finally, if you get down to Franklin, KY stop by the Brickyard Cafe in downtown Franklin for dinner. Excellent food and service.

2 comments:

  1. A lot of the antique malls in Kentucky have over priced "junk". I've been in a few of them, and I walked right back out after seeing the prices. Where is Franklin located in Ky? Never been there, at least I don't think I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Franklin is off I-65 just down from Bowling Green almost to TN.

    ReplyDelete